Resources to Download:
|Application||Tuition Schedule||School Calendar|
contact us at: (714) 738-1541 or email@example.com
Our Website: http://www.emmanuelpreschooloc.com
Emmanuel Preschool was founded by Emmanuel Episcopal Church in 1973 as a service to the community and is licensed by the State of California Department of Social Services. License # 300600295
- Our teaching staff meet or exceed the State education standards and are trained in first aid as well as C.P.R.
Our goals and philosophy of learning:
In a caring and positive atmosphere, we create a warm, happy place for preschoolers to learn. As we bridge the gap from home to school, we guide children to a continued good self-image while building social skills in a school setting.
Sensory, motor, perceptual and language skills are introduced through materials and activities which are both child-centered and teacher-directed. Work is planned which emphasizes the process rather than the product, fostering a sense of accomplishment and self esteem.
Based on the theory that children learn through play, classroom routines encourage active involvement, meaningful experimentation and reinforcement through repetition. Schedules are designed which balance structure and free choice, as well as active and quiet times.
Recognizing that children grow in predictable stages. we treat each child as an individual, working from the level each child has attained and moving forward a step at a time. We teach a love of learning by allowing children to experience their own stage of development and helping them to feel success without pressure.
We value the active involvement of parents in our program. Helping at the school enables the children to see their parents as important and concerned members of the school environment, while providing parents with opportunities to view the child with teachers and other children. Parents may gain valuable insights and techniques from the expertise of the staff; and, at the same time, share their own talents and interests to maintain the excellent quality here at Emmanuel. School then becomes a shared experience which hopefully will continue throughout each child's educational process.
Children learn the principles by which they will live at a very early age, so we share our Christian love to help our children grow in faith, and begin a Christian's lifelong spiritual journey.
"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.", Proverbs 22:6.
- Provide a nurturing, relaxed. non-sexist environment with caring adults where self concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, free choice is given, decisions offered, social skills required, and individuality respected.
- Provide large portions of time in which a child can spend with friends in a range of different and satisfying activities from the following areas: Art, science, cooking, music & movement, drama, large motor, language arts, fine motor, and math activities.
- Provide the child with the opportunity to gain competence in a variety of techniques and skills that encourage their interest and control over their environment.
- Provide for each child's physical well being while in our care--provide a safe environment.
- Provide opportunities to develop large muscle skills and coordination through physically active play.
- Develop in children an active curiosity about the world in which they live and an enthusiasm for learning which stimulates exploratory behavior and creativity.
- Help the child gain self discipline in an environment where they know the limits and expectations.
- Develop in each child an appreciation for beauty and nature.
- Provide an atmosphere in the classroom that promotes respect for others, selves and materials.
- Provide for the Spiritual growth of the child through prayer, Bible stories and themes, and the presentation of the life of Jesus.
Classes / Schedules
Emmanuel preschool is a half day program for children 2 years 6 months to 6 years of age.
Our preschool program follows the Fullerton Public Elementary School holiday calendar starting from September end ending May.
The following programs are offered:
- We offer 2 day, 3 day and 5 day programs from 9:00-12:00.
- The school will provide potty training assistance as needed.
- We also provide a junior kindergarten class for children 5 days per week.
- Extended care is available for early drop off starting at 7:30am and a Lunch Bunch program until 3:00pm at an additional cost.
- A summer program is offered in June and July.